Chicken is everyone’s favorite food. The best thing about chicken is that you can create thousands of recipes from it. It is light and healthy at same time. Chicken does not make you feel that you have ever eaten. Let’s discuss all the information regarding baking chicken legs in this article.
The recipe to bake chicken legs is pretty simple and easy you do not have to go to the supermarket to get these ingredients since they are easily available in your kitchen.
Baking Chicken Legs
- Chicken legs
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil 2 table spoon
- Fresh mint leaves
- Parsley to garnish
- Add two spoons of olive oil in the pan of the dimension of a 9×13.
- Wait for the oil to heat up; add chicken legs to the pan.
- Generously sprinkle black pepper and garlic powder on the drumsticks, followed by a pinch of salt. You can add rosemary if desired.
- Bake at 375° F for half an hour. Turn drumsticks over and add more garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Garnish with the parsley.
- Bake another half an hour, or until cooked until 160°F.
This one of the easiest recipes you can make from the chicken legs, baking is easy and tasty. You can add Italian seasoning if you want to, this will further enhance the taste.
Baking Chicken legs BBQ
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
For the Drumsticks:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chicken legs as required
Making BBQ Sauce:
- In a small saucepan over average heat, mix together all the sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring repeatedly, decrease heat to low and boil 2–3 minutes, until sauce has stiffened.
- Allow BBQ Sauce to cool.
- You can store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
Marinating the Drumsticks:
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place the drumsticks in a large mixing bowl, add the salt to taste, and coat with 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce, cover and marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Place the chicken legs on a baking rack over a foil lined baking sheet, baste with extra BBQ sauce, if desired, and roast for 45 minutes.
Liquid smoked BBQ Breasts
This dish is a good substitute for BBQ chicken and is also good for anyone on a carbohydrate restrictive diet. It has a very good flavor, and it is healthy! This recipe can be transformed to serve as little or as much as you like.
This recipe is more like the barbecued drumsticks but it is my favorite since it is boneless! You can grab your chicken piece and start eating without worrying about any bones to come in your way.
Most of the time when you are craving for the chicken you might have had chicken dreams, and this recipe will make that dream come true because it is finger licking good.
What is a smoked Chicken?
Chicken is naturally a tender meat, making it harder to smoke without giving in juiciness, tenderness, and flavor. The key is bringing the chicken before you smoke it. Soak the bird in a mixture of one gallon of water and one cup of salt.
- Boneless chicken
- Garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- Liquid flavor smoke
- Dried thyme
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Add chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9-inch baking tray, having space between the pieces. Cover the chicken with Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke, then dash with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, thyme, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover the tray with aluminum foil and bake for one to one and a half hour, or until chicken is cooked through and juice is running on the tray.
Fried Chicken Drumstick Recipe
Tender Favorable, I came home with frozen chicken drumsticks. Then I Put on a pot of boiling water, boiled them 15 minutes since they were frozen. I beat 4 egg yolks and followed the recipe for dipping & frying.
I used less oil and kept turning and a bonus. Added sliced mushrooms, sliced green onions, marinated green and red peppers & drizzled the left over beaten egg yolks, salt, and white pepper into the boiling water stock.
Quick egg drop soup from the preparation boiling. Cool and save for another meal or add noodles when reheating. The drumsticks were so tender on the inside but fried outside. My family loved a taste of the soup.
- 6 chicken legs
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- A teaspoon bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- teaspoon salt
- Boil chicken legs in a pan of water for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil on the lite heat.
- In a large plate, mix flour, black pepper, paprika, and salt.
- Bear eggs in a separate bowl.
- Take a chicken leg and cover it with flour mixture.
- Place the chicken leg in beaten eggs and cover the top.
- Place the chicken legs back into the flour mixture and cover it again in flour.
- Once the oil is hot and hot for frying, place chicken legs one by one into the oil for frying.
- Repeat steps 5-8 for each chicken leg allowing up to 3 legs to fry at one time.
- Once legs are fried to a golden brown, remove from oil and place on a folded paper towel in a plate.
- Keep for plenty of time to cool before serving.
Baking Chicken Recipes
Chicken can be used to make so many recipes. All of the recipes are easy and traditional. Baked chicken legs is on of the most wanted dish among children and it is also enjoyed by teens. You can literally add any vegetable or spice in chicken and create a new dish.
Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 3 large bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tsp. thyme
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped parsley, for serving
- Black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a baking pan with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Place rice and onion into the baking pan. Pour in the broth and soup and stir to combine. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs in rice. Brush chicken with butter and sprinkle with thyme and garlic. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 30 minutes more, until the rice is cooked and the chicken is golden. Top with parsley and serve.
- Chicken powder
- 2 Tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 Tsp. Italian seasoning
- Freshly crushed black pepper
- Grated Parmesan
- Pizza dough
- Caesar dressing
- Grated mozzarella, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 green onions
- Egg white
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with butter paper.
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook chicken until crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel plate then chop into small pieces. Wipe the pan clean.
- On the same pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add chicken to the pan and cook until golden on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let rest for 5 minutes before chopping into small pieces.
- Divide pizza dough into two pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch pizza dough to about 1/4″ thickness.
- Spread half the Caesar dressing onto pizza dough and top with half of each the chicken, mozzarella, Parmesan, and green onions.
- Roll the pizza dough into a large log. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with more cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake until golden and the dough is cooked through about 25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, then slice and serve warm.
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Crushed tomatoes 2
- Cans tomato paste
- Cans canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In the oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water.
- Season the chicken with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one-half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices.
- Add 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.